Staging: The Buyer Perspective
The Definition of Staging is:
– The house with the red wall
– The house with the gecko light switches (true story)
– The house with the orange carpet
– The house with the cat towers
– The house with the wedding photos
– The house with the beloved dog ashes on the mantle (another true story)
– The house with the dead plants
– The house with too much furniture
– The house with nude portraits (true…)
– The house that smelled like cat pee
Think of the last time you were in a showhome. The furniture and decor never stands out…barely memorable…just help the buyer to see the features of the home itself.
The Truth Is....Staging Removes Distractions!
When I help buyers – I still look at everything through my “stager” perspective. Most staging keeps the focus on eye level – when touring the home. It is our job to look up and down and PAST the furniture/decor/artwork. To allow our clients to see the space accurately. Please remember I do ALL (ok most!!) of the tricks below when I stage my own listings … so I truly know what I am looking for!
When working with buyers…
The new world has created demand for office/learning/work out spaces…. with a creative eye – these can be created in areas like dining rooms, closets, garages and basements!